the little market is an awesome “non profit founded by women to empower women.” You may even recognize one of the founders: Lauren Conrad of Laguna Beach fame. The company is awesome because it sources fair trade goods from women artisans located all over the world. So when you shop on the site, you can rest assured knowing that you are supporting other women, which is always good karma! The site offers a whole array of goods, and the home décor items are seriously cool. All of the goods offered are much more chic than most people would probably expect when they hear the phrase “Fair Trade.” It’s ok, no judgement. Pictured above are a just a few of the really great finds I stumbled upon when exploring the site.
- Hand Woven Hamper – This hamper is quite possibly one of the most stylish I have ever encountered. I also love that it has a top (puppy owners will agree with me on how important this feature is!). This hamper deserves to be on display, you could even invest in a few woven pieces and make a full display.
- Vanilla Candle – I always love a good vanilla candle (made with soy wax!) so I was immediately drawn to this one. The candles are made by a non-profit called Prosperity Candle that employs refugee women recently settled in the USA. Love the concept and the product!
- Silver and White Pillow – This silver and white pillow was made by hand by female artisans in Mexico. I love the subtle shine of the silver against the white backdrop. So pretty, yet also unique.
- Grey Pillow – This pillow was also made by female artisans in Mexico. Grey is quite possibly my favorite neutral of all time, it goes with just about everything and there is something so soothing about a nice light grey. The geometric design on this specific piece adds just the right amount of pizzaz.
- Heart Garland – hearts have always played a central role in Scandinavian home decor and I always find myself drawn to them. Does anyone actually need a felted heart garland in their home? Probably not. Does it evoke the emotions of tenderness and caring that should be found in every home? Absolutely!
So there you have it, these are just a few of my favorite items from the little market. Be sure to check out their website to see all of the amazing items they have to offer, especially their baskets and woven section… it is to die for!