We are officially two weeks into spring, but for many of us it will still be a while before the weather consistently cooperates and gives us the sunny days and milder temps we crave. Spring has always been my favorite season, everything looks new and fresh and I like to think that the rain we encounter in the upper Midwest is not only helping everything grow but also keeping things nice and clean.
One of my favorite ways to embrace the change of seasons at home is to change out my candles. I have had a life long infatuation with candles and there is a 100% chance that if I am at home and it is nighttime a lit candle is somewhere close by. Not only do candles make your home smell amazing (a home in harmony always smells good!), they make you look pretty darn good too. Everyone looks amazing by candlelight it is a scientific fact. So when my calendar tells me it is spring, even if I can’t tell by looking out my window, I know it is time to swap out the warm gourmand scents I favor in winter and replace them with the light citrus and floral notes the season deserves. Some people spring clean, I change the scent library in my condo. Candles serve as my reminder of where we are headed, and the sunnier brighter days we have ahead.
And so, with no further ado, a line up of the candles I am craving this spring. All of the candles below have a well earned spot in my spring candle rotation and I can personally vouch for their great quality and sillage (that is fancy talk for smelling power; all of these candles can fill a room):
- Capri Blue Volcano: There is a reason this candle has a cult following. I would argue this scent really could be used year round, but with a flavor profile that includes “tropical fruits and sugared citrus” (their words not mine) this candle throws of a refreshing spring time vibe.
- Henri Bendel Peony: I really do love all of the candles in the Henri Bendel range. For starters the design of the candle itself is classic yet minimal and can blend into any style of home décor. Also, Henri Bendel frequently offers great deals when you buy multiple candles at once, and for a candle junkie like me that is a major plus. Peonies and spring are synonymous in my book, so this one is a no brainer.
- Sydney Hale Co Sweetwater: This is a pretty cool company. Not only are their candles awesome but they are made in America and the company is really big into supporting dog rescues. I always have a weak spot for companies with a cause. With notes that include honeysuckle and fresh water, this is the candle that transports you to the beach on a nice spring day. Light and refreshing without the sunscreen notes often-found in “beachy” scents.
- Voluspa Sake Lemon Flower: I stumbled upon this scent in a small clothing boutique last spring and knew immediately it was my spring scent soul mate. The lemon, sake and coconut notes blend beautifully to create a scent that is refreshing yet fancy, just how I like it.
- Illume Pomegranate Peony: Let’s start with the tin: absolutely adorable. Pomegranate and peony may seem like an unlikely pairing but together they create a bright warm floral that is just a hint sweet but definitely not overpowering. This is a mood boosting scent.
Please note the views expressed here are completely my own and these are all candles I have purchased and love. Do you have a favorite candle that deserves a shout out? Let us know in the comments section below!