This beautiful weather calls for a trip to one of my favorite summer hot spots: the Chicago River Walk.
The River Walk is such a great space for afternoon/evening strolls and has so many fun restaurants and food vendors to check out.
My personal faves:
- O’Brien’s Riverwalk Café – great place to sit under the umbrellas and enjoy a casual meal on a super hot day
- Chicago Brewhouse – for an extensive beer selection and great sandwiches
- City Winery – great wine list, and be sure to try their frozen rosé drink
- Sweet Home Gelato – because its summer and gelato is delicious
- The Northman Beer and Cider Garden – I am not much of a beer drinker but I do love Cider!
There are also plenty of open places to sit and relax along the river if you want to bring your own food, or, if you just want to relax for a moment. Everyone can use a little fresh air and sunshine!