Most of us are currently homebound due to Covid-19, and with so much uncertainty, and lack of clear messaging, it is totally reasonable to feel a little (or more) anxious. The good news, is that there are plenty of ways to combat that unease right from the comfort of your home!
So without further ado here is my top list of ways to reduce stress, during these stressful times.
- Take a bath – this is my go-to never fail stress reliever. Light a candle, play soothing music and just let the warm water help relieve any tension you are holding in your body. If you don’t have a bathtub, take a super long shower and still play music and light candles it sets the tone.
- Play music and have a dance party for one – this never fails to lighten my mood and helps burn off extra energy.
- Do an at-home workout – speaking of burning off energy, there are tons of free workouts on youtube that were specially designed to be completed at home.
- Paint/Color/Craft – you know those supplies you buy for art projects that you never actually do… now is the time!
- Watch your favorite movie or tv show – with all of the various streaming services currently available, there has never been a better time to stay home and binge watch all of your favorites.
- Meditate – check out “Meditation Minis Podcast” if you would like short guided meditations.
- Read a Book – choose a book in your favorite genre. Once again light a candle, make a cup of tea or coffee, and settle in.
Hopefully one of these activities will provide relief for you too!